Take a sneak peek at the new NIST.gov and let us know what you think!
(Please note: some content may not be complete on the beta site.).
Executives Embark on Year-Long Fellowship
April 17, 2014
Baldrige Performance Excellence Program
Embarking on a year-long fellowship to dialogue on all aspects of leadership and how it relates to a visionary focus, operational intelligence, engagement, and sustainability, fourteen executives from health care, education, service, and manufacturing organizations have begun their journeys as Baldrige Executive Fellows.
As Fellows, the executives will use the Criteria for Performance Excellence as their foundation in a study of how world-class organizations and their senior leaders achieve performance excellence and stimulate innovation. Within a safe and confidential environment, the Fellows will have a unique opportunity to compare the perspectives of executives across sectors, share honest advice on leadership challenges, and use the insights gained to address a strategic challenge or opportunity within their own organizations.
The Fellows will tour Baldrige Award recipients Cargill Corn Milling and Cargill Kitchen Solutions, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, and the Ritz Carlton Hotel Company, and they will engage leaders including Dr. Rosabeth Moss Kanter, Ernest L. Arbuckle Professor at the Harvard Business School, and chair and director, Harvard University Advanced Leadership Initiative; Sister Mary Jean Ryan, board chair and former president/CEO of SSM Health Care; as well as the executives of other Baldrige Award recipient organizations and other Baldrige Executive Fellows.
Following is the 2014 cohort of Baldrige Executive Fellows:
· Marty Basso, Regional Vice President, Finance/Treasurer, and Chief Financial Officer, Sibley Memorial Hospital and Suburban Hospital, Johns Hopkins Medicine
· Brian Condit, Medical Director, Rehabilitation Institute, and Director, Physician Leadership Institute, North Mississippi Medical Center
· Brian Griffith, President, Griffith Laboratories Asia Pacific and Latin America (a global manufacturer of food products)
· Susan Gunderson, Chief Executive Officer, LifeSource (a federally designated organ procurement organization and accredited tissue bank)
· Julie Kapp, Director, Partnership for Evaluation, Assessment, and Research, University of Missouri-St. Louis
· Sharon Kiely, Senior Vice President, Medical Affairs and Chief Medical Officer, Stamford Hospital
· Steven Kravet, President, Johns Hopkins Community Physicians (the largest primary care group in Maryland)
· Caroline LeGarde, Vice President, Clinical Operations, Sibley Memorial Hospital
· Elizabeth Mullikin, Regional Service Line Executive—Neuroscience, Sutter Health East Bay Region
· Peter W.T. Pisters, Vice President, Regional Care System, MD Anderson Cancer Center
· Steven Schloss, Chief People Officer, United States Golf Association (USGA)
· Patricia Shannon, Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President, AARP Foundation
· Brett A. Simon, Chairman, Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (in June 2014, will become Director, Josie Robertson Ambulatory Surgery Center, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center)
· Steffani H. Webb, Vice Chancellor for Administration, University of Kansas Medical Center
The Baldrige Executive Fellows Program was recently highlighted as part of a first place award for the Baldrige Program in the government and military category of the Leadership 500 Excellence Awards, an annual recognition of the world’s best leadership development programs and initiatives.
For more information on the Baldrige Fellows and how to apply, go to http://www.nist.gov/baldrige/fellows/index.cfm.