Baldrige Program Impacts
820 to 1: Ratio of Baldrige Program benefits for the U.S. economy to program costs (Economic Evaluation of the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program, December 2011)
109: Baldrige Award winners (including 7 two-time winners) serving as national role models
92%: Median growth in revenue for two-time Baldrige Award winners
63%: Median job growth for two-time Baldrige Award winners (compared with 3.5% for a matched set of industries and time periods)
- 2010–2015 Baldrige Award applicants represent
- 567,434 jobs
- over $142 billion in revenue/budgets
- over 449 million customers served
$5.3 million: value of services donated by 349 national Baldrige examiners in 2015
$30 million: value of services donated by state Baldrige-based examiners in 2015
Baldrige Impacts in Health Care
- A study by Truven Health Analytics links hospitals that adopt and use the Baldrige Criteria to successful operations, management practices, and overall performance.
- 65% of hospitals are likely to “use the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence as a systematic framework for performance improvement or as an internal assessment tool” by 2018, according to survey results reported in Futurescan 2013.
- According to the same survey, 41% of hospitals are likely to submit an application for the Baldrige Award or a state-level Baldrige-based award by 2018.
Baldrige Impacts, State by State
Learn more about impacts and benefits in each state