Employment Opportunities at the NIST CCC
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at the NIST CCC.
NIST Child Care Center operates on the grounds of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in Gaithersburg, MD from 6:45am-6:00pm, Monday-Friday, year round, for children six weeks through fifth grade. We are seeking a full time two year-old teacher immediately. All candidates must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Meet MSDE OCC education and training specifications for Teacher-Preschool
- Have 2+ years of experience
- Have education to be credentialed at a Level 4, or better, in the MSDE Credentialing Program. Associate degree in ECE or equivalent preferred Plan and implement age and developmentally appropriate classroom practices and curriculum
- Attend in-service training programs and complete continuing education requirements, as required yearly
- Perform other appropriate duties as requested by the Center Administration
- Possess a positive attitude and the ability to be a team player
- Be available to work as early as 6:45 am or until 6:00pm as necessary
- Submit to federal and state criminal background checks
- Be physically able to lift 40 pounds
To be considered for an interview, download our application and mail to the address on the application or fax to 301-926-4263. Responses will be limited to those who meet the qualifications listed above. Salary based on education and experience. Equal Opportunity Employer/Non-profit organization. Closing date for applications is March 2, 2015.