CORAL Names: Wet Deck CMOS Station 1, Wet Deck CMOS Station 2
This bench is used to etch and clean samples
Specifications / Capabilities:
- 72" Open Wet Bench.
- Contains 2 dip tanks, two reflux quartz heated baths, glove rinse, DI and N2 spray guns, GFCI 120 VAC receptacle, and two safety eyewash stations.
- Capable of handling small samples up to a full cassette of 6" wafers.
- Tank 1: Dip tank with lid (Buffered Oxide Etch-BOE)
- Tank 2: Reflux heated bath (RCA Standard Clean 1-SC1)
- Tank 3: Dip Tank with lid (2% HF)
- Tank 4: Dump Rinse with lid
- Tank 5: Reflux heated bath (RCA Standard Clean 2-SC2)
- It is located in an ultra-clean CMOS-compatible area and is subject to strict restrictions to prevent cross contamination.
Scientific Opportunities / Applications:
- This tool is used for the "RCA" cleaning of wafers to remove organic and metallic surface contaminants.
- BOE to etch silicon dioxides
Access to this machine follows standard NanoFab operating hours (7am - 7pm Monday - Friday). Out of hours access requires prior approval by the NanoFab Manager.