A laser reflection-based surface curvature and stress measurement tool.
Specifications / Capabilities:
- Film stress determined by the change in wafer curvature between pre- and post-deposition of film
- Curvature is measured by reflected laser beam
Scientific Opportunities / Applications:
- Film coating stress measurement
- Stress as a function of time or temperature
- Stress on multiple films
- Stress mapping
- Silicon wafer deformation after grinding
- Temperature range: -65 to 500 °C
- Wafer size: 75 to 200 mm
- Speed: 6 seconds/wafer
- Range: 1 to 4000MPa (1E7-4E10 dy/cm2)
- Repeatability: 1MPa
Access to this tool requires that you have attended NanoFab safety orientation, passed the safety test, and have been properly trained on the tool. If you have any questions, please contact the NanoFab User Coordinator, or the tool contact person.
Access to this machine follows standard NanoFab operating hours (7am - 7pm Monday - Friday). Out of hours access requires prior approval by the NanoFab Manager.