Take a sneak peek at the new NIST.gov and let us know what you think!
(Please note: some content may not be complete on the beta site.).
Customer InformationFederal Customer/SponsorNon-Federal Customer/SponsorInternational Customer/SponsorDoC Agreements Handbook (Nov. 2011)Terms/Definitions
Reimbursable Agreements Coordinators:
Michael SzwedTeam Lead
please contact Nancy Selepak at 301-975-2047 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NIST's acceptance of an agreement usually indicates NIST's intent to begin work on the agreement within 120 calendar days.
Reimbursable NIST Coordination Office
Federal Customer/Sponsor Resources
It is recommended, potential customers/sponsors use the standard Treasury forms 7600 A&B preparing reimbursable agreements. These agreement forms are fillable and contain all the information needed to ensure expedited processing and acceptance of reimbursable agreements. These forms can be tailored to meet both agencies needs. (Click here for the forms and instructions).
You may choose to use the Treasury forms listed above, or an alternate template for your organization. In either case, please note that in order to complete the reimbursable agreement process, the customer/sponsor will need to provide their NIST contact with the following important information:
1. The name and contact information of both parties involved in the agreement. Specifically:
2. A description of the purpose (a general description of the goods/services for which the customer/sponsor is paying).
3. Transfer Authority citation: Choose one of the following:
NIST Specific preferred authority to use in agreements
Your Agency-specific Transfer Authority.
4. Programmatic Authority This refers to the authority for your agency to engage the activities proposed under the agreement.
5. Terms and Conditions This should include:
6. The duration and termination date of the agreement.
7. Termination/cancellation clauses.
The agreement should also contain the following or equivalent early-termination costs provision: "If [customer/sponsor's organization] terminates the agreement, NIST is authorized to collect costs incurred prior to cancellation of the agreement plus any termination costs".
8. A dispute-resolution provision
9. Determination and Finding Statement (Template) is only required of Economy Act agreements.
10. Accounting Data, such as:
11. Signature lines for each party to sign the final agreement.
12. Is this an Assisted Acquisition Agreement- Yes or No
13. Is this agreement severable or non-severable?
14. A Statement of Work (SOW)- including tasks and deliverables.