Customer InformationFederal Customer/SponsorNon-Federal Customer/SponsorInternational Customer/SponsorDoC Agreements Handbook (Nov. 2011)Terms/Definitions
Reimbursable Agreements Coordinators:
please contact Nancy Selepak at 301-975-2047 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NIST's acceptance of an agreement usually indicates NIST's intent to begin work on the agreement within 120 calendar days.
Reimbursable Agreements Coordination Office (RACO)
Federal Customer/Sponsor Resources
It is recommended, but not required, that potential NIST customers/sponsors use the Economy Act Template or the NIST Organic Act Federal Template for preparing reimbursable agreements. These agreement templates are fillable and contain all the information needed to ensure expedited processing and acceptance of reimbursable agreements. Additionally, Federal customers/sponsors may choose to use the U.S. Government Standard Interagency Agreement (Click here for the form and instructions).
You may choose to use one of the templates listed above, or an alternate template for your organization. In either case, please note that in order to complete the reimbursable agreement process, the customer/sponsor will need to provide their NIST contact with the following important information:
1. The name and contact information of both parties involved in the agreement. Specifically:
2. A description of the purpose (a general description of the goods/services for which the customer/sponsor is paying).
3. Transfer Authority citation: Choose one of the following:
Your Agency-specific Transfer Authority.
4. Programmatic Authority This refers to the authority for your agency to engage the activities proposed under the agreement.
5. Terms and Conditions This should include:
6. The duration and termination date of the agreement.
7. Termination/cancellation clauses.
The agreement should also contain the following or equivalent early-termination costs provision: "If [customer/sponsor's organization] terminates the agreement, NIST is authorized to collect costs incurred prior to cancellation of the agreement plus any termination costs".
9. Determination and Finding Statement (Template) is only required of Economy Act agreements.
10. Accounting Data, such as:
11. Signature lines for each party to sign the final agreement.