The Federal Chief Information Officer is charged with improving performance and lowering the cost of government operations by leveraging cloud computing.
The Federal CIO has asked the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) to lead federal efforts on standards for data portability, cloud interoperability, and security.
NIST's mission, as a non-regulatory federal agency within the U.S. Department of Commerce, is to promote U.S. innovation and industrial competitiveness by advancing measurement science, standards, and technology in ways that enhance economic security and improve our quality of life.
The goal of this event is to initiate engagement with industry to collaboratively develop standards and explore solutions for cloud interoperability, portability, and security.
8:00 - 9:00 Coffee Reception
9:00 - 11:45 Cloud Computing Forum
1:30 - 4:00 Cloud Computing Workshops (parallel tracks)
· Forum -- Federal CIO vision of the role of the Federal Government with respect to Cloud Computing, and dialogue with government agencies and the private sector.
· Forum -- NIST Director vision of the role of NIST with respect to Cloud Computing, and dialogue with government agencies and the private sector.
· Forum – Overview of NIST cloud computing technical research and United States standards development efforts; brief introduction of afternoon workshop topics.
· Workshop - Brief review of NIST initiatives in cloud security. Additionally, a distinguished panel of experts will discuss, with audience participation and dialogue, and suggest a set of technical priorities for NIST and industry to pursue.
· Workshop – Introduction and collaborative technical NIST led initiative: Standards Acceleration to Jumpstart Adoption of Cloud Computing (SAJACC)
· Workshop – Introduction and collaborative technical exchange on government-wide risk management and security authorization for cloud systems.
Start Date: Thursday, May 20, 2010
End Date: Thursday, May 20, 2010
Location: Department of Commerce, Herbert C. Hoover Building, 14th St. & Constitution Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20230
Audience: Industry, Government, Other
Federal Chief Information Officer, Office of Management and Budget
Federal CIO Council
National Institute of Standards and Technology
Registration is now closed. We are booked to capacity.
Teresa Vicente, NIST, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Willard Washington DC Hotel, Washington, DC,
Hotel Sofitel, Washington, DC,
JW Marriott Hotel, Washington, DC,
Hilton Garden Inn, Washington, DC.
The St. Regis, Washington, DC,
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Washington, DC
W Hotel, Washington DC,