Research Interests: Advanced sensors and imaging, image processing, computer and machine vision, data mining and pattern recognition.
Research Projects: Biosciences and Laboratory Diagnosis
- J. Amelot, P. Bajcsy, and M. Brady, "Class Separation Measurements For Multi-dimensional Points from Highly Overlapping Classes," J. Mach. Learn. Res., vol. Under WERB, 2013.
- P. Bajcsy, A. Vandecreme, and M. Brady, "Re-Projection of Terabyte-sized 3D Images for Interactive Visualization," IEEE Trans. Image Process., vol. Under WERB, 2013.
- J. Chalfoun, M. Majurski, K. Bhadriraju, S. Lund, P. Bajcsy, and M. Brady, "Background Intensity Correction for Terabyte-Sized Time-Lapse Images," BMC Bioinformatics, vol. Under WERB, 2014.
- M. Wang, M. Misakian, H.-J. He, P. Bajcsy, F. Abbasi, J. M. Davis, K. D. Cole, I. V. Turko, and L. Wang, "Characterization of Two Human CD4+ Lymphocyte Preparations for Quantitative Flow Cytometry," Cytometry, vol. Under WERB, 2014.
More journal publications ....
Books and Book Chapters:
- P. Bajcsy, K. McHenry, and R. Kooper, "Interaction between Objects Born in Digital and Physical Spaces," in in Pervasive Adaptation book on the Next Generation Pervasive Computing Research Agenda, A. Ferscha, Ed. Seattle, Washington: A book by Th. Sc. Community, Johannes Kepler University Linz, 2011, p. 80.
- W. McFadden, R. Kooper, S.-C. Lee, and P. Bajcsy, "Comprehensive and Scalable Appraisals of Contemporary Documents," in in Applications of Machine Learning, Y. Zhang, Ed. IN-TECH, 2010, pp. 87–108.
- P. Bajcsy and R. Kooper, "Integration of Data Across Disparate Sensing Systems Over Both Time and Space to Design Smart Environments," in in Sustainable Radio Frequency Identification Solutions, no. 1, C. Turcu, Ed. IN-TECH, 2010, pp. 281–306.
More books and book chapters ....
- P. Bajcsy, A. Vandecreme, J. Amelot, P. Nguyen, J. Chalfoun, and M. Brady, "Terabyte-sized Image Computations on Hadoop Cluster Platforms," in IEEE International Conference on Big Data, 2013.
- M. Halter, Y.-S. Li-Baboud, A. Peskin, P. Bajcsy, D. Hoeppner, and A. L. Plant, "Addressing Uncertainty in the Automated Evaluation of Stem Cell Colony Quality," in CYTO 2013, 2013.
- P. Bajcsy, "Grand Challenges of Measurement Science with Big Data," Big Data Workshop. NIST, June 13-14, 2012, Gaithersburg, MD, 2012.
- M. Halter, K. Bhadriraju, J. Chalfoun, P. Bajcsy, and A. Plant, "Time-Lapse Image Data for Predictive Modeling of Cell Fate," in Turning Images to Knowledge: Large Scale 3D Image Annotation, Management, and Visualization, 2012.
More conference papers ....
- "To Measure or Not To Measure Terabyte-Sized Images?" NIST Software and Systems Division Seminar at ITL, January 27, 2014 (invited)
- "From Terabyte-Sized Stem Cell Images to Knowledge," George Mason University (GMU), February 18, 2014, (invited)
- "To Measure or Not To Measure Terabyte-Sized Images?" NIST Biological Systems Division Seminar at MML, March 6, 2014 (invited)
- "From Terabyte-Sized Stem Cell Images to Knowledge," University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), March 10, 2014, (invited)
2010 - 2013 Presentations ....
Quotes About My Work
- The International Science Grid This Week (iSGTW), "Feature - Digital visual inspection," by Miriam Boon, Issue 203: iSGTW 1 December 2010; URL: http://www.isgtw.org/feature/digital-visual-inspection
- The New York Times, "Digital Keys for Unlocking the Humanities' Riches," By Patricia Cohen Published: November 16, 2010; on-line http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/17/arts/17digital.html?_r=1
- The New York Times, "From 'Avatar' Playbook, Athletes Use 3-D Imaging," by James Glanz and Alan Schwarz, Published: October 2, 2010 on-line at http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/03/sports/03reality.html?_r=1, and October 3, 2010, (the Sunday issue) on page A1 of the New York edition of NY Times.
- Futurity, "Real-time action in a virtual world" by Erika Strebel-Illinois posted on Thursday, December 17, 2009 15:57; see http://futurity.org/top-stories/real-time-action-in-a-virtual-world/
- NCSA Headline News, "NCSA researchers create interactive virtual learning space," March 25, 2009, http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/News/09/0325NCSAresearchers.html
- HPCWire, The Next Big Thing in Humanities, Arts and Social Science Computing: 18thConnect by Kevin Franklin and Karen Rodriguez, November 24, 2008, http://www.hpcwire.com/features/The_Next_Big_Thing_in_Humanities_Arts_and_Social_Science_Computing_18thConnect_35010199.html
- NCSA Headline News, "Students embark on Google Summer of Code projects with NCSA," June 16-17, 2008, SupercomputingOnline.com: http://www.supercomputingonline.com/print.php?sid=15764
- NCSA Headline News, "3D volume reconstruction technique improves accuracy and performance", December 6, 2006, http://access.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Stories/nuggets/uveal.html
- Talbot D. "The Fading Memory of the State," MIT Technology Review, July 2005, TechnologyReview.com, the article is published and web accessible at: http://www.technologyreview.com/articles/05/07/issue/feature_memory.asp
Software and Systems Division
Information Systems Group
Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1997
M.S., University of Pennsylvania, 1994