K-Ratio / Log 3 Band Widget
This tool loads raw xray maps and calculates the k-ratio images.
The pixel values, ranging nominally from 0.0 to 1.0, represent
concentration by weight percent.
The Log 3 Band color scale is useful for displaying these images,
or any other images with the same range of pixel values. This
color scale is not accessed directly in the widget, but using
'Color -> Log 3-band'.
Microanalysis Journal Article
This example is in 'Lx/Images/Kratio-example'. The *fini.*
files explain the format.
- 'Widgets -> K Ratio'
- Either go directly to the FINI file, or search for it. (The
fini file contains parameters describing the map data.)
- 'Load -> w / fini file', and navigate to and select Lx/Images/Kratio-example/Raney-fini.txt.
- 'Load -> search for fini', pick a likely directory, select
the file from the list.
See this list in the text output window. This show how lispix
interpreted the data in the fini file. Make sure that the files
are being interpreted properly - right backgrounds with the right
maps, energy levels, etc.
- Bring the text window to the front any time using 'Info ->
Pop info window'
- Tile the windows.
- Since all four images are loaded as a group, set the mode
button to either
- Group or
- 'Arrange -> Tile', to arrange them side by side.
- 'Color -> Log 3-band' will apply the lograthmic three-band
color scale to the images.
- Note that the images have been scaled. Merely removing the
color scale by using 'Gray Scale' shows the lograthmically transformed
images in a gray scale, but will not restore them to their original
linear gray scale.
- To restore the images to gray scale (not lograthmic), use
'Scale -> Normal', then 'Gray Scale'
When finished, the images should look like this: