- Lx Home
- Lx02b 3/7/00
- XY scatter plots reflect image scaling.
- Added 'Arrange -> Redraw', 'Arrange ->
Small titles on/off'
- No more light colored buttons. Text visible
when mouse is over them (PC)
- Image list (select mode) alphabetized.
- 'Pick Color' list alphabetized.
- RGB single pixel info - 'Info -> Single
pixel on click' gives R,G,B and original window values.
- Single pixel info collums placed better.
Font changed to monospaced (:MODERN) for text output window on
- Font is Monaco on Mac. Monospaced already.
- 'Mosaic -> of folder' added to 'Process
- Thresholding of 8 bit image fixed.
- 'Navigate -> Scroll on' doesn't interfere
with 'Rectangle -> Draw'. Neither do the pixel info on click
- Drawing the rectangle will turn them off.
I can change that if anyone wants.
- Added mask button. Make masks from threshold,
rectangle and parallelogram.
- 2 & 3 Variables: new buttons to click
& select top image. Add mask buttons. Use mask for traceback.
- Traceback now works with any mask. Make masks
with rectangle or parallelogram.
- Image names update (erase) properly.
- Slope line tool added. Reads coordinates,
slope and length of line 'moused' on xy plot in pixel and original
image intensity coordinates.
- Scaling with fixed limits defaults to global
limits of the selected images.
- Cleaned up control-help message window. No
extra garbage. Made messages work for *ALL* buttons.
- 'Color -> change one color' now works
properly with the mode button.
- Made group mode button blue with white letters
to avoid confusion with single mode.
- Gray Scale button works according to mode
- More diagnostic messages to stats mask.
- Removed ability to set a default file type
for files with no extension. Too dangerous.
- 'File -> List extensions' added.
- Sliders - more uniform code. Readout to image
scaling. Working on having them pay attention to mode button.
- Changed zoom so that single mode - zooms
one image - ignores rest of group. (see mode
- Added 'Edit -> Collect Images' to make
one big image out of small ones. A convenience for x-ray map
- 'Widgets -> Process Folder' has utilities
to rename files by:
- removing version numbers, et: dave.tiff;12
- adding leading zeros to numbers at the end
of file names so that alphabetical order == numerical order
- list ingfiles with non alpha-numeric characters
in their file names
- changing file extensions
- Lx02e (* - important
additions) | Lx Home
- Miscl bugs
- Fixed bug when 'Pick Color -> User Color'
- Fixed RAS image file reader.
- Default blob label color is now red rather
than white. (couldn't see on PC).
- Read as raw works. (Interface improvement
- Stopped continuous redraw of 'Threshold slider'.
- Demo image menus (first three) work now on
- Set default read and write image directories
- Profile plot limits for non-square images
now correct. - Would bomb when plotting in bottom of tall image.
- Color sliders won't try to colorize an RGB
- Koch fractal - window draws immediately after
loading description from file.
- Some image operations were called twice.Oops.
- .Xray -> JEOL format no longer transposes
images, or barfs when dealing with duplicate image names.
- 'Info -> Rect stats w/mask' now really
pays attention to the image rectangle rather than doing the whole
- 'Arrange -> sort' and 'Arrange -> Tile'
now work properly in 'Group Mode'.
- 'Arrange -> Squarify' selects windows
correctly and doesn't complain on cancel.
- * Profile tool. - averaged profiles, parallel
or perpendicular to allignment line. Measures positions, lengths.
- Profile along line, averaged perpendicular
to line, adjustable width. Print option.
- Cursor - shows realtime length from end,
realtime position on plot. Handy for positioning perpendicular
to edge for profiles across an interface.
- PCA - double-float specs in a few places
to avoid single-float oflo on PC.
- Fixed error after 'Info -> Sizes &
Limits' when there are no images.
- Hough manual feedback tool widget. Click
on spot in Hough transform and see line in the original image.
- Gamma Slider - gamma correction for gray
image level brightness. 'Color Slider -> Gamma'
- * Raw image import/export utility. Byte,
integer, real, and data cubes (recorded either as vectors or
- Convert 8 bit image to pix image type so
that scaling will work. 'Adjust -> Byte to pix'.
- RAE file format recognized on read.
- 'File -> Info & other formats' , 'RAE
-> Open folder as cube'. (Can open a stack of RAE images and
do PCA ).
- 'Demo - > Dart Board' test pattern.
- Mean filter for floating point images floating
point result. Mean filter with either integer or float result
for integer images.
- Median filter. (Any size kernel, integer
and floats, but very slow. I can code up a faster algorithm if
there is a call for it.)
- Rank filter. (Any size kernel, integer and
floats, but very slow. I can code up a faster algorithm if there
is a *serious* call for it.)
- Range filter. (Any size kernel. faster. Leaves
zero pixel border, width is kernel radius.)
- Arithmetic operations, trig, log, exponent,
- Unsharp masking, Sobel filters, Rank Filters.
- Widget to insert leading zeros to numbers
at ends of file names. 'Widgets -> Process Folder', 'Change
file names -> Leading zeroes'.
- * Emispec .ser (series file, v3.x) data cube
- Emispec .bin (gray level image file) import
- Color sliders can now be saved and restored
from a file. Handy for regions of a data cube.
- Data cube additions:
- Crop all images to a rectangle
- Keep slides only inside (spectral) region.
- Crop to byte.
- Save spectrum to text file.
- * Principal Component Analysis: Print and
plot Eigenvalues and vectors. Score Images. Reconstructions.
- Accomodate image of vectors (each pixel is
a spectrum) as well as a stack of images.
- List max values of non-zero slices.
- Added set color for small titles.
- Added 'Widgets -> Pop Widgets' to bring
buried widgets buttons to the front.
- Added 'File ->Clear Defaults' and 'Show
Defaults', rearranged menu.
- Eliminated Thresh button. Most items moved
to color slider button. Log-3-Band moved to KRatio Widget.
- 'Buttons' button added to all widget button
windows to conveniently pop the main Lispix buttons
- Rearranged 'Color' button, renamed it 'Color
- Added 'Rectangle -> Set Color'.
- 'File -> Info & Other formats' makes
button window with Other formats and old 'Widgets -> File
- 'Widgets -> PCA', 'Make Cube -> Cube->
PCA Cube' now works for unsigned images such as RAE.
- Doc info for remainder of Demo items.
- 'Edit -> Collect images' now asks for
- Four methods to sort images for selection:
'File -> Set sort method', when using 'File -> Open' in
select or group mode.
- Sliders no longer flicker when mouse is still.
- Cube image windows now retain image file
names for the slices (RAE and TIFF). Name shown on single slice
- Transpose in group mode now puts result images
into their own separate group.
- Draw rectangle pops the front image so that
it is clear in which image to draw the rectangle.
- New pixel statistics printout - tab delimited
- Centroid and other locations for xy scatter
plot now given also in scaled coordinates, rather than just raw
- More items added to the five light blue buttons
'Adjust', 'Edit', etc.
- Image file reader ignores all unrecognized
extensions. (Useful for 'File -> Open' in the 'All
- Add 'Navigate -> Set box color' for visibility when scrolling
- PCA widget combined with cube widget.
- Progress monitor in 'Widgets -> K Ratio -> Load from
- Lower left 'Info' button renamed to 'Help'.
- Default directorys remembered better.
- Lx02f Lx Home
- Bug fixes
- Progress bar in 'Cube -> Load -> as Emispec series
file' now works properly. No more negative times.
- 'Arrange -> Pop to front (all)' now works properly in
- 'Scale -> ..' behaves better if there are no pix windows.
- 'Arrange -> Two Image Op' was undefined. I've defined
- Byte order for 2 byte TIFF images was goofed up on PC, probably
- 'Cube -> Sliders -> Scroll Mode' - default is now 'on'.
- 'Size to image' moved to 'Zoom' button. Added auto resize
to image after zoom.
- 'Help -> File Locations' now lists the demo image locations.
- 'Profiles -> Output -> Plot Profile' printed some debugging
info I forgot to remove.
- 'Arithmetic -> One Image Op, Two Image Op' renamed from
'Unary Op', and 'Binary Op'.
- 'File -> Info & Other formats -> TIFF - Header
Info' now gives byte order of the file.
- 'Profiles -> Histogram'
- Open file defaults don't seem to work on remote volumes (PC)
- Major Changes
- K Ratio Widget reworked. Normalized maps now an option. Faster
calculations. More menu items. The K ratio images now display
additional info: 'Info - Pixel info on click' - such as the raw
map intensity at that pixel, background intensities, standard
counts. Normalization of the K Ratio maps removed, and added
as an option. (Threshold cut for normalization in the .fini file
is now ignored.) This is because normalization of all K ratio
maps by the K ratio total gives strange results if all of the
major elements are not mapped.
- Background window on PC. Collapse all windows together when
- Minor Changes
- Better control-documentation for the mode button.
- Fixed response to cancel for file open in single mode.
- 'Edit -> Duplicate' now works properly in Group mode.
- 'Color Slider -> Colorizer' now should work properly.
- Fixed 'Arithmetic -> Ratio - clipped'
- TIFF files now loaded regardless of their extension (or no
extension), unless they have one of the other allowed extensions,
in which case, Lispix will complain.
- Replace blanks and parentheses in file names when displaying
images. Full file name now in image title bar. Before, only the
first word in the file name was kept. This was a problem on Mac
systems, where more liberties are taken with special characters
in file names.
- Better format for limits of floating point images.
- Window selection list now also shows window type.
- Corrected line width on profile printout. (was +1 too large).
Now agrees with button window.
- Profile tool: Buttons rearranged. Printout now tabs between
distance along line and intensity and has correct labels.
- Histograms moved from profile buttons to main Lispix buttons.
(Even I forgot where they were.)
- Box mean filter fixed. Slow general test filter added 'filter
-> box stat'
- truncate, round, ceiling and floor added to 'Arithmetic ->
- 'Edit -> Blank Image' - right size if RGB image is model,
makes title properly.
- Improved navigator thumbnail on PC. Redraw behavior improved
on both platforms.
- KRatio example fini file - pct-cut parameter removed. Normalization
of K ratio maps made an option rather than the default.
- 'Group -> List members' now really lists all the members,
not just image windows.
- Fixed histogram x scale for linearly scaled images.
- Fast median filter, correct edge handling, arbitrary square
- Fixed cursor in profile tool for zoomed images.
- Windows redraw better.
- PC version has background window. Windows maximize and minimize
together when switching applications.
- particle cluster measurement widget
- RGB->HSV, ->, and RGB->R,->G, ->B for Value
(gray level) image from RGB (usually JPEG) files.
- Threshold slider changed to make blobbing easier: 1) added
make mask (removed from Mask button) and 2) blob (removed from
- Fill hemisphere added to Edit button.
- Euclidian Distance Map (unscaled) added to Transform button.
- Import profile from 1 collumn of text - added to profile
- GIF image file reader.
- JPEG image file writer.
- Groups for windows
- Profile window: added groups, hints button, initialize direction,
sigma values for line profiles, ring average, vertical sum, vertical
variance, vertical variation (sum of absolute values of successive
- Fourier tools added to 2 & 3 Variables window.
- 1-Dimensional average Richardson fractal dimension measurement
of Intensity (average of many profiles)
- Vertical Grada (for use with Hough).
- load widget
- Minimum Caliper (Feret) diameter, etc. in blobber routines.
- Added pct area to thresh slider menu. Didn't really work
in the sliders button.
- Added fix palette button. For working on AF .gif images.
- Added Perimeter percentage edge points to blob statistics.
Useful when touching edge is allowed.
- Added sort image selection - by file write date.
- Added RGB image cube. Save cube as movie, stereo movie.
- Added save as JPEG
- Added save stereo pair as JPEG.
- 4x speedup of Hough transform.
- Documentation overview for buttons.
- Fixed cp_read_text_file to use the 3 main end of line conventions.
Various tools can now read tab delimited text files respective
of the machine wrote the file and what machine runs Lispix.
- Fixed rotate - bilinear option. Works for result data types
- Translate now wraps rather than leaving junk behind.
- Gray level Hough (fast) added to Transforms. Binary Hough
- Hough transform tool - for exploring Hough space and automatically
measuring line spacing of square (cross ruled) gratings.
- Lx02y 4/23/01
- Summary Blob statistics - average blob areas, etc. for an
- + Many hints files, doc messages for buttons.
- Image quality measurement tools (new).
- Command line button (new).
- Option to read color images as gray scale. Convert color
and palette images to grayscale.
- Lx02z 4/27/01
- Note - the on line documentation in HTML pages is now quite
out of date. Lispix now has many text files and help messages
that come with the application.
- Stress arrows widget updated and renamed to Arrow Field Widget.
- Save as TIFF fixed - broken in last version.
- Load ASCII image files - input improved.