New 3/10/05 - several of these commands will be written
as sample lines using values from Tools or parameters that you have set up.
These can then just be cut and pasted into the command part of the process
- absolute value
- same as Lispix Menu Bar / Arithmetic / absolute value
- blob 100 yes 124 168
- The parameters are: minimum area, allow blobs to touch the edge
of the image, lower threshold, upper threshold.
- A sample line will be printed if you set up the Blob Tool and Threshold
Slider ahead of time.
- You may also use Files in Folder / Blob with Global Thresholds.
This blobs files in a folder using settings in the Blob
Tool, and thresholds that you input,
however this does not allow anypreprocessing (the images in the read directory
must be preprocessed already), and no 'process-images.txt' file will be
written as a record of what you did.
clipped ratio blank 0 100
- quotient of image divided by image in 'blank
- 'Blank' = 'Background'
- background window name
- min numerator clip
- min denominator clip - most useful -
avoid division by 0.
- convolve <reference window>.
- Open the Fourier Tool, and select image1 before using *process
folder* / pfldr txt file: / Make, to have a sample line printed
- subtract background <background window>
- crop 42 57 345 341
- (30 is the radius of the kernel for the mean
filter to make the background image.)
- Flattened image is the difference of the
original minus the background image,
with brightness offset so that minimum value
of flattened image is zero (otherwise usually negative).
flatten percent 5
- (Radius is 5 percent of the image width).
mean 1 (3x3 mean filter.
parameter is the radius.)
median 2 (5x5 median filter.
parameter is the radius.)
paste -xyz 30 324
Parameters: paste suffex,
paste x, paste y.
- Paste an image from paste folder (aux1 folder)
into position x=30, y=324.
Paste image has same
name plus added suffex. TIFF file.
- Paste suffex - any suffex appended to target
image name to make the pasted image name.
"nil" if no suffex.
mask -xyz (New 2/6/2003)
Makes image array from
the distance map, where pixel value is the radius of
the maximal disk that contains the pixel.
Tool / Cookie cutter / max disk radius image
- Makes image array from the distance map, where
pixel value is the radius of the cookie
cutter disk that contains the pixel.
See Circles Tool / Cookie
cutter / Cookie cutter radius image.
Here, there is no minimum
Fast approximation of
scale to byte normal (normal
For converting 16 bit,
fixnum, or real images to byte.
Min value -> 0,
Max value -> 255.
scale to byte clip 2 (two
- Trimmed scaling. See 'Scale / Help'.
scale to byte fixed 50
150 (scale to fixed limits, such as from the contrast slider.)
- Good for scaling all images to the same limits
- for example when a movie is made that
shows over-all changes in brightness.
See 'Scale / Help'.
- shrink image by a factor of 3. Uses shrink_ara.
It sums pixels therefore you may afterwards
need to scale image to byte.
shrink to width 120
- Good for thumbnails. Keeps aspect ratio.
Width in pixels.
- Shrink image by whatever factor is necessary.
Uses zoom_ara, which decimates - pixels
are not summed.
- swap quads
- sometimes handy to use after FFT or convolving with FFT, when blobs
of interest are at the edge of the image.
threshold t1 t2
- flips image by upper left and lower right
corners. Used for some images read from
another system that wrote pixels in collumn
major order rather than in row major order.
- Warps (or unwarps) images using warp maps made using the Data
Cube Tool, warp / make warp shift maps.
The two maps must be open when running Process Folder!
and using this command.