Top Blob Buttons
The buttons in the top segment of the Blob Tool set the working parametrs:
which images to work on, drawing colors, the minimum blob area, and
whether or not a blob can touch the edge of the image.
Lispix can use three images with the Blob Tool, but usually uses just one,
in that blobbing, drawing, and intensities for statistics all use the same image.
- Blob Image Image used to set the intensity thresholds
for blobbing -- these thresholds determine candidate pixels for objects vs.
- Draw Image Image on which outlines, labels and other things
- Data Image Image from which intensities are gotten to calculate
- Min Area The minimum number of pixels that a blob must
have. Pixels in clusters too small to be a blob are discarded (ignored).
Holes are not included in this step.
- Edge? Can a blob touch an edge or not? Usually blobs
are discarded that touch the edge of the image, because one does not know
how much of the particle is outside of the field of view.
- Thresholds Intensity thresholds are set using a Threshold