N42-2011 Radiation Portal Monitor
ANSI/IEEE N42.42 Standard project
This document is an example of output from gross counting radiation portal monitor (RM).
- The RPM has four gamma and two a neutron radiation detectors, named according to DNDO conventions (e.g., Aa1, Ba1).
- Each of the gamma radiation detectors has three energy windows.
- The detectors are sampled every 100 ms.
- The document represents one non-alarmed occupancy, consisting of seven time slices: the RPM is occupied in the third, fourth, and fifth slices; the first and second, and sixth and seventh slices are pre- and post-occupancy data.
- In addition, the same example is provided with an additional fragment and shows the <AnalysisResults> element resulting from an alarmed occupancy, with both a gamma alarm (from three detectors), and a neutron alarm (from one detector only) together with a usage of the <NuclideIdentifiedIndicator> element resulting from and RPM and limited spectroscopic radionuclide categorization capability
Radiation portal monitor with no alarm file: http://physics.nist.gov/N42/2011/AnnexD.n42
Radiation portal monitor with an alarm file: http://physics.nist.gov/N42/2011/AnnexD_alarmed.n42