To refine the plan for the Newtonian Constant of Gravitation International Consortium and to exchange ideas for experiments. Potential consortium participants or advisory committee members are invited to attend.
The workshop is intended to cover the following topics:
- Formulation of the consortium
- Functioning of the advisory committee
- Methods of measuring G
- Timescale of the overall project
- Procedures for carrying out the cross comparisons
- Whether there should be blind offsets until all measurements are done
- Drafting of a joint article on the project for Metrologia
- Laboratory Tours
- Group Photo
Advanced Measurement Laboratory at NIST
Start Date: Thursday, October 9, 2014
End Date: Friday, October 10, 2014
Peter Mohr, NIST; William Phillips, NIST and the University of Maryland; and Terry Quinn, CBE FRS, BIPM.