Advanced Hands-on Mass Seminar
NOTICE: This class is undergoing redesign and is expected to be offered again in 2015. Please contact our office if you have interim training requirements.
The Advanced Hands-On Mass seminar is a follow-up seminar to the Advanced Mass seminar where theory and concepts are presented. The Advanced Hands-On Mass Seminar was developed to provide hands-on training due to the learning curve associated with using weighing designs, new software, and laboratory automation. The seminar is somewhat unstructured and is adjusted based on the specific needs of the participants and on previous training and current requirements. A fixed agenda is not established, but definite topics will be covered to ensure consistency.
PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A NOTEBOOK PC FOR THE ADVANCED MASS HANDS-ON SEMINAR!!!
Advanced Mass reference notebooks will not be provided since this course is designed for previous attendees. Attendees of the Advanced Hands-on seminar should bring any documentation they may need with them to the seminar.
The following topics will be covered in variable amounts of time, as needed:
- Creating data files for weighing designs; overview of weighing design format;
- Overview and hands-on of Lab Wizard data entry;
- Creation of template files and the use of template files using Lab Wizard (bring your calibration reports for your standards and check standards to save you time entering the data later);
- Hands-on calibration in the laboratory: automated and manual data entry using Lab Wizard;
- Exporting the output control and statistics files to create control charts;
- Reviewing the output reports; modifying the text of the final reports;
- Automation and interfacing with electronic balances using Lab Wizard automation;
- Trouble shooting Lab Wizard files and reports
- Additional discussion topics as requested
YOU WILL NEED A NOTEBOOK PC FOR THE ADVANCED MASS AND ADVANCED MASS HANDS-ON SEMINARS!!!
Full reference notebooks will not be provided since this course is designed for previous attendees.