You searched on:
Author: Enrico Lucon
Displaying records 1 to 5.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Effect of Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) on Miniaturized Charpy Test Results
Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) is a manufacturing process whereby a desired shape is obtained through electrical discharges between an electrode and a workpiece, separated by a dielectric fluid. EDM produces a recast layer on the surface of the ...
2. Small Scale Tensile, Charpy V-Notch, and
Fracture Toughness Tests
Enrico Lucon, Timothy S Weeks, James Gianetto, W. R. Tyson, D. Y. Park, G Shen, Marie A Quintana, V. B. Rajan, Yong-Yi Wang
3. Small-Scale Low-Constraint Fracture Toughness Test Discussion and Analysis
Enrico Lucon, Timothy S Weeks, James Gianetto, D. Y. Park, W. R. Tyson, G Shen, R S Eagleson
4. Evaluation of Bias for Two Charpy Impact Machines Using the Same Instrumented Striker
Christopher N McCowan, Enrico Lucon, Raymond L Santoyo
Two Charpy machines were used to test NIST verification specimens at three energy levels: low energy (≈ 15 J at -40°C), high energy (≈ 100 J at -40°C) and super-high energy (≈ 240 J at room temperature). The study evaluates the diff ...
5. Instrumented Impact Tests: Effects of Machine Variables and Specimen Position
Christopher N McCowan, Enrico Lucon
An investigation has been conducted on the influence of impact machine variables and specimen positioning on characteristic forces and absorbed energies from instrumented Charpy tests. Brittle and ductile fracture behavior has been investigated by te ...