You searched on: Author: Stephen Long
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 37 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Measuring silver nanoparticle dissolution in complex biological and environmental matrices using
UV/visible absorbance measurements
Special Publication (NIST SP)
Justin M Zook, Robert MacCuspie, Stephen E Long, Elijah J Petersen
This special publication is one in a series stemming from the National Nanotechnology Initiative
(NNI) Nano-EHS Research Strategy which identified Nanomaterial Measurement Infrastructure as one of
the essential areas of research needed in order t ...
2. Certification of Elements in and Use of Standard Reference Material 3280 Multivitamin/Multielement Tablets
Gregory C. Dr. (Gregory C.) Turk, Katherine E Sharpless, Steven J Christopher, Danielle Cleveland, Russell D Day, Stephen E Long, Elizabeth A Mackey, Anthony F Marlow, Rick L Paul, John R Sieber, Rabia Oflaz, Laura J Wood, Lee Lijian Yu, Rolf Louis Zeisler, Stephen A Wise, James H Yen, E. Greene, J. Harnly, I-P Ho, Joseph M Betz, R. Q. Thompson, Candace Jongsma
Standard Reference Material (SRM) 3280 Multivitamin/Multielement Tablets was issued by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in 2009 and has certified and reference mass fraction values for 13 vitamins, 26 elements, and 2 caroteno ...
3. Determination of Trace Sulfur in Biodiesel and Diesel Standard Reference Materials by Isotope Dilution Sector Field Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry
Steven J Christopher, Stephen E Long, Renata Amais, Joaquim N¿ga
A method is described for quantification of sulfur at low concentrations on the order of 10 µg g-1 in biodiesel and diesel fuels using double isotope dilution and sector field inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ID-SF-ICP-MS). Closed vessel ...
4. Development of a Standard Reference Material for Metabolomics Research
Karen W Phinney, Guillaume Ballihaut, Mary Bedner, Johanna Camara, Steven J Christopher, William C Davis, Nathan G. Dodder, Brian E Lang, Stephen E Long, Mark S Lowenthal, Elizabeth A. McGaw, Karen E Murphy, Bryant C Nelson, Jocelyn L. Prendergast, Jessica L Reiner, Catherine A Rimmer, Lane C Sander, Michele Miller Schantz, Katherine E Sharpless, Lorna Tregoning Sniegoski, Susan Shu Cheng Tai, Jeanice M Brown Thomas, Thomas W Vetter, Michael James Welch, Stephen A Wise, Laura J Wood, William F Guthrie, Robert Charles Hagwood, Stefan D Leigh, James H Yen, Nien F Zhang, Madhu Chaurhary-Webb, Huiping Chen, Bridgette Haynes, Donna J LaVoie, Leslie F McCoy, Shahzad S Momin, Neelima Paladugula, Elizabeth C Pendergrast, Christine M Pfeiffer, Carissa D Powers, Zia Fazili-Qari, Daniel Rabinowitz, Michael E Rybak, Rosemary L Schleicher, Mary Xu, Mindy Zhang, Arthur L Castle, Brandi S Benford, Gauthier Eppe
5. Fast and accurate determination of K, Ca, and Mg in human serum by using sector field ICP-MS
Lee Lijian Yu, William C Davis, Yoana Y. Nuevo Ordonez, Stephen E Long
Electrolytes in serum are important biomarkers for skeletal and cellular health. The levels of electrolytes are monitored by measuring the Ca, Mg, K, Na in blood serum. Many reference methods have been developed for the determination of Ca, Mg, and ...
6. A simple and sensitive HPLC-ICP-MS method for the accurate determination of Vitamin B12 in Fortified Breakfast Cereals and Multivitamin Tablet Reference Materials
Siva K. Chinthalapati, Lee Lijian Yu, John E Schiel, Stephen E Long
A sensitive high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) coupled with inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS) method has been developed for the determination of vitamin B12. The method was based on efficient isocratic separation with a ...
7. Fast standard addition method for LA-ICPMS using a spinning platform
John L Molloy, Stephen E Long, Fanny Claverie, Julian Malherbe, Naomi Bier
A method has been developed for the fast and easy determination of Pb, Sr, Ba, Ni, Cu, and Zn, which are of geological and environmental interest, in solid samples by Laser Ablation Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (LA-ICPMS) using a samp ...
8. Certification of NIST SRM 2569 Lead Paint Films for Children's Products
John L Molloy, John R Sieber, Karen E Murphy, Stephen E Long, Stefan D Leigh
SRM 2569 Lead Paint Films for Children‰s Products is a new Standard Reference Material (SRM) developed for use primarily with XRF instrumentation. It consists of three paint coatings, with nominally 0 mg/kg, 90 mg/kg, and 300 mg/kg of Pb added, on p ...
9. Disentangling the effects of polymer coatings on silver nanoparticle agglomeration, dissolution, and toxicity to determine mechanisms of nanotoxicity
Justin M Zook, Melissa Danielle Halter, Danielle Cleveland, Stephen E Long
Silver nanoparticles (AgNPs) are frequently coated by a variety of polymers, which may affect various intertwined mechanisms of toxicity, including agglomeration and dissolution rate. Here, we measure how citrate, dextran, poly(ethylene glycol) (PEG ...
10. Mercury Stable Isotopes in Seabird Eggs Reflect a Gradient from Terrestrial Geogenic to Oceanic Mercury Reservoirs
Russell D Day, David G Roseneau, Sylvain Berail, Keith A. Hobson, O.F.X Donard, Stacy S Vander-Pol, Rebecca S Pugh, Amanda J Moors, Stephen E Long, Paul R. (Paul) Becker
Elevated mercury concentrations ([Hg]) were found in Alaskan seabird eggs (Uria spp.) from the coastal embayment of Norton Sound relative to insular colonies in the northern Bering Sea. Stable isotopes of Hg, carbon (C), and nitrogen (N) were measure ...