You searched on:
Author: Jeeseong Hwang
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 46 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Inward cholesterol gradient of the membrane system installed by malaria parasites in normal and sickle
Fuyuki Tokumasu, Georgeta Crivat, Hans Ackerman, Jeeseong Hwang, Thomas E. Wellems
Plasmodium falciparum (Pf) infection remodels the human erythrocyte with new membrane systems,
including a modified host erythrocyte membrane (EM), a parasitophorous vacuole membrane (PVM), a
tubulovesicular network (TVN), and Maurer's clefts (MC ...
2. Single molecule confocal fluorescence lifetime correlation spectroscopy for accurate nanoparticle size determination
Bonghwan Chon, Kimberly A Briggman, Jeeseong Hwang
We report on an experimental procedure in confocal single molecule fluorescence lifetime correlation spectroscopy (FLCS) to
determine the range of excitation power and molecule concentration in solution under which the application of an unmodified ...
3. Metrology for Lab-on-a-Chip Final-Product Devices
Darwin R Reyes-Hernandez, Michael W Halter, Jeeseong Hwang
New metrology tools to measure the critical parameters of internal structures in lab on a chip devices are greatly needed in order to develop standard tests for this technology. Here we present a method that combines a custom made optical coherence ...
4. Fabrication and Characterization of a Multilayered Optical Tissue Model with Embedded Scattering Microspheres in Polymeric Materials
Robert C. (Robert C) Chang, Peter M. Johnson, Christopher M Stafford, Jeeseong Hwang
We report on a novel fabrication approach to build multilayered optical tissue phantoms that serve as independently validated test targets for axial resolution and contrast in scattering measurements by depth-resolving optical coherent tomography (OC ...
5. Hyperspectral Image Projector Applications
Joseph Paul Rice, Steven W Brown, David W Allen, Howard W Yoon, Maritoni Abatayo Litorja, Jeeseong Hwang
For the past several years NIST has been developing, along with several collaborators, a
Hyperspectral Image Projector (HIP). This scene projector produces high-resolution programmable
spectra and projects them into dynamic two-dimensional images ...
6. Tetracysteine-Based Fluorescent Tags to Study Protein Localization and Trafficking in Plasmodium falciparum-Infected Erythrocytes
Georgeta Crivat, Fuyuki Tokumasu, Juliana Martha Sa , Thomas E. Wellems, Jeeseong Hwang
Plasmodium falciparum (Pf) malaria parasites remodel host erythrocytes by placing membranous structures in the host cell cytoplasm and inserting proteins into the surrounding erythrocyte membranes. Dynamic imaging techniques with high spatial and tem ...
7. Shell and ligand-dependent blinking of CdSe-based core/shell nanocrystals
Bonghwan Chon, Sung Jun Lim, Wonjung Kim, Hyeong Gon Kang, Taiha Joo, Jeeseong Hwang, Seung Koo Shin
Blinking of zinc blende CdSe-based core/shell nanocrystals is studied as a function of shell materials and surface ligands. CdSe/ZnS, CdSe/ZnSe/ZnS and CdSe/CdS/ZnS core/shell nanocrystals are prepared by colloidal synthesis and six monolayers of lar ...
8. Monitoring Photothermally Excited Nanoparticles via Multimodal Microscopy
Matthew Lawrence Clarke, Shin G. Chou, Jeeseong Hwang
Generation of heat using optically excited nanoparticles can be beneficial or detrimental depending on the application. Therefore, clinically applicable studies are being pursued in an effort to achieve safe practices of nanoparticle-induced hyperth ...
9. Effects of Plasmon-Exciton Coupling on the Optical Properties of CdSe/Zns Quantum Dots Coupled to Gold Nanoparticles
Shin G. Chou, Hyeong Gon Kang, Matthew Lawrence Clarke, Jeeseong Hwang
By using a multi-color, multi-modal imaging platform, we look into the effects of exciton-plasmon coupling on a semiconductor quantum dot (QD) that is coupled to a nearby gold nanoparticles (AuNP). By exciting this coupled material with laser excita ...
10. Low-Cost, High-Throughput, Automated Counting of Bacterial Colonies
Matthew Lawrence Clarke, Robert L Burton, A. Nayo Hill, Maritoni Abatayo Litorja, Moon H. Nahm, Jeeseong Hwang
Research involving bacterial pathogens often requires enumeration of bacteria colonies. Here we present a low-cost, high-throughput colony counting system consisting of colony counting software and a consumer-grade digital camera or document scanner ...