Some of the links go to directly to databases containing the linked information. NIST does not necessarily endorse the views expressed or the facts presented on these sites. Further, NIST does not endorse any commercial products that may be advertised or available on these sites.
Administration and Regulatory Information
- TIP Rule 15 CFR Part 296
- TIP Statute Pub. L. 110-69 Sec. 3012
- Automated Standard Application for Payments
- Central Contractor Registration (CCR)
- Codes of Conduct 15 CFR 14.42
- Contacts for Additional Information
- Cooperative Agreements and Award Requirements
- Administrative Requirements - 15 CFR Part 14, Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Cooperative Agreements with Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals, Other Non-Profit, and Commercial Organizations
- Cost Principles
- DoC Financial Assistance Standard Terms and Conditions, March 2008
- DoC General Indirect Cost Rate Program Guidelines for Grantee Organizations, June 2011
- Financial Assistance Award Form
- OMB Circular A-133, Audits of States, Local Government, and Non-Profit Organizations
- TIP General Terms and Conditions, December 2010
- TIP Special Award Conditions, December 2010
- Dun and Bradstreet (D&B)
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Form CD-346, Applicant for Funding Assistance.
- Form CD-511, Certifications Regarding Lobbying.
- Form SF-LLL, Disclosure of Lobbying Activities, if applicable.
- Organization Financial Information (See TIP Proposal Preparation Kit, Chapter 2, page 26)
- SF-424 R&R Application for Federal AssistanceView/Print Only
- Research and Related Other Project InformationView/Print Only
- SF-424B, Assurances - Non-Construction Programs
- SF-425, Federal Financial Report, PDF, Excel
- Sample JV Agreement and Intellectual Property Plan, March 2010
- NIST-1022 Family of Forms
Downloadable and Fillable NIST-1022, Technology Innovation Program (TIP) Proposal Information Sheet
Click on link to activate form and save to your PC.
TO AVOID DATA LOSS AND EXTRA WORK, USE THESE FORMS FOR FINAL DATA ENTRY, NOT AS WORKSHEETS.
This fillable, dynamic version of the NIST-1022 (see [DOWNLOAD] link above) generates the appropriate forms in the NIST-1022 family in response to answers given on the first page and button clicks on succeeding forms to generate additional pages when needed. The NIST-1022 is only available at this website. Forms must be filled out completely and in the order presented to avoid data loss. Please read the instructions completely before beginning.
For a viewable copy of the NIST-1022 family of forms and their instructions, click on the appropriate link in the table below. The form will appear first, followed by instruction page(s). Use these forms as worksheets to prepare your input to the fillable, PDF form. Each viewable PDF form is NOT fillable.
Viewable, Not Fillable Forms
|1. NIST-1022, Technology Innovation Program (TIP) Proposal Information Sheet (View Only)
||2. NIST-1022A, Other Joint Venture Members (View Only)
|3. NIST-1022B, Contractors or Subrecipients (View Only)
||4. NIST-1022C, Budget Narrative (View Only)
|5. NIST-1022D, Third Party In-Kind Contributions (View Only)
||6. NIST-1022E, Estimated Multi-Year Budget - Single Company (View Only)
|7. NIST-1022F, Estimated Multi-Year Budget - Joint Venture (View Only)
||8. NIST 1022G, Foreign-Owned Company Questionnaire (View Only)
|9. NIST-1022H, R&D Work Performed Outside the United States by the Recipient or Contractor Questionnaire (View Only)
- Model Subaward Agreement and Associated TIP Award Term Requirements
Included in the table below are the model Research Subaward Agreement components that are available for use between Recipient organizations and Subaward Recipient organizations. These components are from the model agreement developed and used by many federal agencies for research grants and cooperative agreements. More information regarding the model agreement can be found here:
The model agreement is not a required form, only an optional format for capturing Subaward requirements.
The Agency Specific (Department of Commerce) and Program Specific (Technology Innovation Program) requirements that will govern Subawards are not included in the website above, but are provided in the table below. An overview of the requirements for Subawards within a TIP award is provided in Section 25 Subawards, of the TIP General Terms and Conditions (December 2009), and in more detail in Attachment 2 in the table below.
- Human and Animal Subjects Research
- Non-TIP Resources for Research Involving Animal Subjects
- Non-TIP Resources for Research Involving Human Subjects
- Protection of Confidential/Proprietary Information
- FY 2010 Competition
- FY 2009 Competition
- FY 2008 Competition