Welcome to the new publication search portal!
This publications database includes many of the most recent publications of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The database, however, is not complete. Additional publications are added on a continual basis.
To find a publication, use any of the searches located in the gray box to the right.
If you have difficulties in locating a specific publication, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide any information you may have, including title, author, publication series, or date published.
- Use this tool to find NIST Publications, using one or more of the search fields.
- TITLE search: use the full title or partial title.
- AUTHOR search: a look-up feature is available to assist you with finding a specific author’s name. Please start by typing in the author's last name. A drop down list will display after 3 characters are typed. Once the last name is selected, a first name drop down menu is available by typing the first letter of the first name. Otherwise, you must type a name EXACTLY as it is spelled. The search results displayed will be based on exactly what is provided in the last and/or first name fields.
- SERIES search:
- If you know the exact number, use the exact Series number.
- If you do not know the exact number, remove "NIST" and special characters (spaces, "-"s, etc.);
- E.g., NIST SP-500-283 becomes 500 or 500-283
- When using multiple search fields (text search, title, author, topic area, series) simultaneously, the fields are combined in a Boolean AND search.
- E.g., if a user searches for topic: Manufacturing with series: NIST SP, then the results set will include records that have both the topic “Manufacturing” AND the series “NIST SP”.